Internal Quality Assurance Cell, of Sahodharan Ayyapan Smaraka SNDP Yogam college, was constituted in the month of July 2014 to enhance the quality improvements in the academic process and also as a pre-accreditation exercise, in accordance with the guidelines provided by the NAAC and the set up of the institution with a view to initiating, plan and supervising different activities which are important to maintain and improve the quality of education imparted, well defined in the quality policy of the institution. IQAC has member representatives from the top management, teaching, students and stakeholders for getting diversified suggestions for continuous improvement. IQAC is a significant body of the institution which monitors the process of teaching, learning and evaluation. It takes the responsibility of generating and promoting awareness in the institution regarding multi level quality sustenance activities and implementing new ones for attaining excellence.
The primary aim of the IQAC is
1. to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution at all levels with the involvement of all stakeholders.
2. to ensure quality standards in teaching, learning and evaluation patterns and related activities.
3. to administers various new academic activities to supplement the existing practices.
4. to encourages activities in the co-curricular and extra-curricular spheres.
5. to promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Functions & Responsibilities
1. To prepare Annual Quality Assurance Report
2. Improving the academic and administrative performance of the Institution.
3. Developing ethical work culture in the Institute
4. Organizing inter and intra Institutional Workshops, Seminars, Project Exhibition and Research activities
5. Playing as a nodal agency of the institute for coordinating various activities ensuring quality including adoption and dissemination of best methods and practices
6. Ensuring a learner-centric ambience conducive for quality education and for continual improvement
7. Emphasize faculty expertise to adopt the knowledge, technology and innovations for participatory teaching and learning process
8. Inviting suggestions and recommendations from students, parents and stakeholders on quality emphasizing institutional policies & processes.
9. Documentation of all the activities leading to quality improvement
10. To Propose, promote, initiate and support quality measures in order to bring about improvement in the overall performance of the institution.